From: Microsoft Connect
Date: 02-Dec-2006 08:31
Subject: Thank You for Helping Make Windows Vista ROCK!
To: Bing Bao
As many of you know, we announced the business availability of the Windows Vista operating system and the 2007 release of Microsoft Office yesterday in New York City. The Windows Vista Beta Team would like to thank each of you for the incredible contributions you have made over the past 16 months!!! Windows Vista is the product it is because you, our valued beta testers, gave us such exceptional feedback.
Over the next several weeks as we wrap up the beta program and turn our attention to server, you will notice the following changes on Connect:
- Please discontinue bug submissions for Windows Vista. Windows Vista is a released product and after launch you should use normal product support channels if you encounter any issues. You may begin filing bugs against Longhorn Server when the next build is released.
- All old and outdated content on Connect (builds, documentation, surveys, etc) will be removed.
- Windows Vista-specific newsgroups will be closed on December 10, 2006 at which time all posts will be removed from the server. If you wish to archive any information please do so before then.
- If you opt-in to continue to test Longhorn server and are accepted, you will see additional server-specific newsgroups added.
- Windows Longhorn Server Beta - To continue providing feedback to the Windows Longhorn Server beta, please complete the opt-in survey located here.
- Windows Early Feedback - To submit early suggestions and design feedback to make the next version of Windows the best release yet, please complete the opt-in survey located here. The Windows early feedback program is being initially offered only to Vista beta program participants. This program will allow you to submit and vote on suggestions for the next version of Windows.
The Longhorn/Windows Vista Beta Team